Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ænɪk
- Of or relating to Spain
- Of or relating to a Spanish-speaking people or culture, as in Latin America.
- Houses in New Mexico, California and Florida exhibit a strong Hispanic architectural influence.
- (historical) Of or pertaining to the Iberian peninsula, its people, its culture or its languages.
- (colloquial) mestizo.
- Hispano-, hispano-
- Hispanophone Caribbean
- Spanish: hispánico
Hispanic (plural Hispanics)
- A Spanish-speaking person.
- A person residing in the United States, Latin America or worldwide of Spanish ancestry
- (colloquial) a mestizo.