From Spanish latino adj, from Spanish latinoamericano (Latin American), from Latin latinus (pertaining to Latium, the region of Italy around Rome), possibly from Proto-Indo-European base *stela- (to spread, to extend, hence flat country as opposed to mountainous).
Latino (not comparable)
- Of Latin American descent.
Latino (plural Latinos)
- A person, especially and usually a male, from Latin America. (Compare Latina.)
- Latinos have quickly become the largest ethnic minority in the United States.
Latino (accusative Latinon)
- Latin (the Latin language)
- dative masculine singular of
- dative neuter singular of
- ablative masculine singular of
- ablative neuter singular of