Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hurrian (plural Hurrians)
- (historical) A member of an ancient people who lived in northern Mesopotamia and created a powerful kingdom called Mitanni in the 16th-13th century BC.
- Of or pertaining to the Hurrians or their language or culture.
of or pertaining to the Hurrians, their language or culture
- The language of Hurrians, neither Indo-European nor Semitic, whose only known relative is the Urartian.
the language of Hurrians
- Wiktionary's coverage of Hurrian terms
- Hurrian language on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- ISO 639-3 code xhu (SIL)
- Ethnologue entry for Hurrian, xhu
- Zeitschrift fur Assyriologie 49-15 (1949)