Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A captain of King David, a minor figure in the Bible mentioned in 2 Samuel 20:26.
- A male given name from Hebrew, mostly of American usage.
- 2011, Ali Smith, There but for the, Hamish Hamilton, →ISBN, pages 140-141:
- So is Ira Gershwin something to do with the more famous George Gershwin? Caroline says.
She was his wife, wasn't she? Jen says coming in with plates balanced on her arm.
He was his brother, Mark says. It comes into his head how much Faye loved songs. He had quite forgotten how much.
It does sound like a girl's name, though, doesn't it? Caroline is saying.
There's no way I'd ever call a daughter that, Hannah says.
- An unincorporated community in Jasper County, Iowa.
- An unincorporated community in Laclede County, Missouri.
- A town in Cayuga County, New York.
- An unincorporated community in Scurry County, Texas.
- A town in Rutland County, Vermont.
- A female given name from the Slavic languages
- a surname