Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪˌtæljənaɪˈzeɪʃən/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪˌtæljənəˈzeɪʃən/
Italianization (plural Italianizations)
- The conversion of a non-Italian culture to an Italian one.
- (linguistics) The process of adapting lexical elements from a foreign language to the Italian linguistic system.
- (historical) The forced cultural and ethnic assimilation of minorities in the Kingdom of Italy, with particular reference to the Fascist government (1922–1943).
process of forced assimilation into the Italian culture