Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The fictional place where wandering, sleeping, or dreaming minds are metaphorically said to end up.
- Oh, don't mind him: he's usually up in La-La Land, with all his silly ideas and whatnot.
- Don't worry, boss: the guards are in La-La Land. They won't be up for many hours.
- (US, figuratively, humorous or derogatory) Los Angeles, California (or Hollywood.)
- 1958, TV Guide, volume 35, number 36–39:
- ... back to her new home in Calabassas, near Los Angeles. Her years in Phoenix, where she started her own zoo, ended in divorce, "and now I'm back in La La Land," […]
- (Canada) British Columbia