Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1921 P.G.Wodehouse: Indiscretions of Archie. page 162:
- "What's the first name?" - - -
- "I have a horrible feeling that it's Lancelot!"
- "Good God!" said Archie.
- "It couldn't really be that, could it?"
- Archie looked grave. He hated to to give pain, but he felt he must be honest.
- "It might," he said. "People give their children all sorts of rummy names. My second name's Tracy. And I have a pal in England who was christened Cuthbert De la Hay Horace. Fortunately everyone calls him Stinker."
Lancelot m (nominative singular Lanceloz)
- Lancelot (fictional character)