Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: latinize
- Latinise (non-Oxford British spelling)
- (transitive) To translate something into the Latin language; or make a word similar in appearance or form to a Latin word.
- Guglielmus is the Latinized form of William.
- (transitive) To transliterate something into the characters of the Latin script; to Romanize
- The Cyrillic letter Л can be Latinized as L.
- (transitive) To make like the Roman Catholic Church or diffuse its ideas in.
- to Latinize the Church of England
to translate to Latin language
to transliterate to Latin script — see romanize