Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A city of ancient Egypt.
- The largest city in Tennessee, United States, and the county seat of Shelby County.
- The name of several towns or cities in the US.
- A town in Pickens County, Alabama.
- A census-designated place in Manatee County, Florida.
- A census-designated place in Clark County, Indiana.
- A small city in Macomb County and St. Clair County, Michigan.
- A former village in DeSoto County, Mississippi.
- A small city, the county seat of Scotland County, Missouri.
- A village in Saunders County, Nebraska.
- A hamlet in the town of Van Buren, Onondaga County, New York.
- An unincorporated community in Clinton County, Ohio.
- A city, the county seat of Hall County, Texas.
city of ancient Egypt
- (Classical) IPA(key): /ˈmem.pʰis/, [ˈmɛmpʰɪs̠]
- (modern Italianate Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /ˈmem.fis/, [ˈmɛmfis]
- Two declensional patterns are attested, but the Greek pattern was used almost exclusively postclassically.
Third-declension noun (Greek-type, normal variant, imparisyllabic non-i-stem or non-Greek-type, i-stem, accusative singular in -im or -in; two different stems), with locative, singular only.