Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (UK) (file)
- A traditional greeting for Christmas and the new year.
- 1740, Joseph Dorman, “Scene 1”, in Sir Roger de Coverly; or, The Merry Christmas, Act 1, page 17:
- My humble Service to you, Sir Roger — Mr. Worthy, your good Health. And a merry Chriſtmas and a happy New Year to us all.
- Synonym: Happy Holidays! (some US speakers)
traditional greeting for the Christmas and the new year
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked