Jump to navigation Jump to search
Micah (plural Micahs)
- A book of the Old Testament of Bible, and of the Tanakh.
- Synonym: Mic. (abbreviation)
- (biblical) Any of several men in the Old Testament:
- (especially) The minor prophet and author of the Book of Micah.
- An Ephraimite featured in Judges 17–18 and protagonist of the Micah’s idol narrative. Also called Michas.
- A male given name from Hebrew of Biblical origin. Used since the 17th century.
- A female given name from Hebrew, of modern American usage.
book of the Bible
Biblical character: Ephraimite featured in Judges 17–18
male given name
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- Michael - a name with the almost same meaning