Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: minorca
From Late Latin Minorca, Minorica, from Latin Balearis Minor. Compare Majorca.
- One of the Balearic Islands of Spain.
- Coordinate terms: Ibiza, Formentera, Majorca
- A breed of poultry.
- ”Yet another breed which has fallen from grace, more through unwise breeding than any fault of its own is the Minorca. See ref. p.43.
An island of Spain
- 1962: C.Arthur Pearson. Pictorial Poultry-Keeping. Cox & Wyman Ltd (2nd ed.)
Borrowed from Late Latin Minorca, from Latin [īnsula] minor (literally “smaller island”). Compare Maiorca.
- Minorca (one of the Balearic Islands)
- English terms derived from Late Latin
- English terms derived from Latin
- English 3-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- English lemmas
- English proper nouns
- en:Places in the Balearic Islands
- en:Places in Spain
- Portuguese terms borrowed from Late Latin
- Portuguese terms derived from Late Latin
- Portuguese terms derived from Latin
- Portuguese 3-syllable words
- Portuguese terms with IPA pronunciation
- Portuguese lemmas
- Portuguese proper nouns
- Portuguese feminine nouns
- pt:Places in Spain