Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: mountain dew
From mountain dew (“illegally distilled whiskey”).
- A brand of citrus-flavored, carbonated, heavily caffeinated beverage.
2003, Mat Hoffman; Mark Lewman, The Ride of My Life, page 33:
- In 1985 a Mountain Dew commercial started popping up on TV ....
2004, Joanne Raetz Stuttgen, Cafe Wisconsin: A Guide to Wisconsin's Down-Home Cafes, page 210:
- It has become a signature of the Koffee Kup, as much as the flower boxes filled with geraniums and the classic Mountain Dew sign hanging off the front of the building
2007, Bill Brioux, Truth and Rumors: The Reality Behind TV's Most Famous Myths, page 57:
- The thing is, Rob Harris did die, he died shooting a Mountain Dew ad
- Mountain Dew is owned by PepsiCo.