Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA(key): /ˈnɪkoˌlaʊ̯s/ (normal)
- IPA(key): /ˈniːkoˌlaʊ̯s/ (less common; regional)
- IPA(key): /ˈnɪkəˌlaʊ̯s/ (dated; still among the older generation)
Nikolaus m (genitive Nikolaus or Nikolaus')
- St. Nicholas
- A figure, originally identical with the former and similar to the Anglo-Saxon Santa Claus, bringing children (small) presents during the night before the 6th of December
- A male given name, cognate to Nicholas.
- The traditional figure is usually named with a definite article: der Nikolaus. In this case, the genitive is des Nikolaus without an apostrophe. Otherwise it is (prepositioned) Nikolaus' with apostrophe.
- variants and pet forms: Claus, Klaus, Nick, Niclas, Nico, Nicolas, Niels, Niki, Niklas, Niklaus, Niko, Nikolai, Nils
Nikolaus c (genitive Nikolaus)