Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)θ
- The northern part of a region (alternative letter-case form of ), especially:
- (US) The northern states of the United States.
- (US) The Union during the American Civil War.
- The North lost most battles early in the war.
- (Britain) The North of England, a cultural region.
- (Ireland) Northern Ireland.
- North Korea.
- (politics, economics) A group of countries mainly lying north of the equator, including most of the West and the First World and much of the Second World.
- In economic terms, the North controls four-fifths of the income earned anywhere in the world.
- A surname.