Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A taxonomic species within the genus Norovirus – the causal agent of winter vomiting virus in humans.
- As the genus Norovirus has only this one species, the genus name is often used instead of the species name.
- Norwalk virus on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Norwalk virus on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
- Norovirus on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
From Norwalk, Ohio in which there was a serious outbreak in 1968.
- (virology) Any of several virus strains in genus Norovirus that cause acute gastrointestinal infection.
- The disease caused by the virus.