Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (historical) A port town in southern Ireland, now named Cobh.
- A hamlet in Alberta, Canada.
- A town in Maryland.
- A ski resort town in New Zealand, situated on Lake Wakatipu.
- A neighbourhood in Singapore.
- A town/city in Eastern Cape Province, South Africa.
- A town in Tasmania, Australia.
Queenstown in Ireland is one of many towns and cities that changed from British names during and immediately after the War of Independence in the early 1920s.