Jump to navigation Jump to search
- One of the component states of Germany according to the current administrative division of the nation.
- 1984, Alan S. Milward, The Reconstruction of Western Europe, 1945-51, page 390:
- This was, even more strikingly, his attitude towards French actions in the Saarland. The Saar Landtag had approved in November 1947 a constitution instituting a monetary and customs union with France […]
- 2005, Henk Bekker - 2005, Adventure Guide Germany, page 308:
- The most famous sight in Saarland is the Saarschleife.
- Sometimes used with the definite article: "the Saarland".
- Saarlândia (obsolete, rare)