- (slang) A treat, usually a snack, especially if given as a reward.
2005, Anne Thomas Soffee, Nerd Girl Rocks Paradise City: A True Story of Faking It in Hair Metal L.A., page 61:
- It's over, and I scored not so much as a Scooby Snack.
- 2003, Denise Dumars, Lori Nyx, The Dark Archetype: Exploring the Shadow Side of the Divine, p. 71:
- If for some reason the heart is not feather-light, it is Anubis' grim task to toss it like a Scooby snack to the menacing, ever-hungry she-monster, Ammit.
- 2000, Dick Steflik, et al., Advanced Java Networking, p. 2:
- Then we will send them along the conveyor belt to be packaged and shipped off to some Java engineer turned writer who is in desperate need of a Scooby Snack.
- (slang) Illegal narcotics, particularly "shrooms" (hallucinogenic mushrooms.)
2005, Meg Cabot, 'Darkest Hour, page 225:
- '“On my honor,” I said, “I am not whacked up on Scooby Snacks.”'
2006, David Wellington, 'Monster Nation, page 226:
- "And then there's the question of what he's going to do when you run out of scooby snacks. You think he's tweaking now..."
2001, Jaina Bell, 'Retards, Rebels, & Slackers, page 25:
- "Scooby snacks! Can we, pleeease?" Malik grinned wryly, broke a baggy of weed out, and started stuffing the pipe."
- 1996 Fun Lovin' Criminals, Come Find Yourself, "Scooby Snacks".
- Runnin' around, robbin' banks, all whacked off of Scooby snacks...