Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: shaw
- Rhymes: -ɔː
- An English topographic surname for someone who lived by a small wood or copse.
- A place name, including:
- a town in Oldham borough, Greater Manchester, England, full name Shaw and Crompton.
- a village near Newbury, Berkshire, England.
- a village near Melksham, Wiltshire, England.
- an unincorporated community in Neosho County, Kansas, USA.
- a small city in Mississippi, USA.
- a neighbourhood in Washington, D.C.
- a neighbourhood in St. Louis, Missouri.