Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Named after Jakob Steiner.
- (electronics) One vertex of a Steiner tree.
- I created a Steiner point in my layout design at the point where I want my net's routing to branch.
- (graph theory) An extra vertex that is not a member of the input.
- (geometry) The point on the circumcircle of a triangle that lies at the intersection of three lines through the vertices of the triangle, where those lines are parallel to the corresponding sides of the first Brocard triangle.
- (geometry) The geometric centroid of the system obtained by placing a mass equal to the magnitude of the exterior angle at each vertex of the system.
- (geometry) Any of the 20 points located at the 3 by 3 intersections of the 60 Pascal lines which are produced by extending the triplets on opposite sides of a conic section in Pascal's theorem for all permutations of verices.