Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

Should we have a specific note that this character is commonly used in Japan for books which are published in two parts? — Hippietrail 16:38, 14 November 2005 (UTC)

Hmm the edited def says this is also used for 3-volume sets. I only have one in my collection and rather than and , it uses 第1部, 第2部, and 第3部. Can anybody clarify? — Hippietrail 16:53, 20 December 2005 (UTC)

In addition, a 2-volume set is called 上下巻, and 3-volume one is called 上中下巻 likewise. I'd like you to have a look at google hits of these words, as the results would be suggestive to you. 第1部, 第2部 and 第3部, and 上巻, 中巻 and 下巻 are the frequently-used alternative forms of 上, 中 and 下 in our current context. --Tohru 17:48, 20 December 2005 (UTC)
Thanks! I'm going to and add 上下巻 and 上中下巻 to the stuff in my catalogue now! — Hippietrail 15:07, 21 December 2005 (UTC)