Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

in French i do not know buffe but buffle

buffing in the railway terminology[edit]

I wonder what buffing in the railway terminology means. Translating a technical leaflet, I have encountered this term several times, especially in the collocations "buffing test" and "buffing impact". What exactly do those terms mean? Any synonyms, definitions, translations (especially into Czech, my native language)? :-) --Petusek 12:54, 15 June 2008 (UTC)

A buffer is something used to stop trains falling of the end of the track, perhaps it is something to do with that? Conrad.Irwin 13:00, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
buffing test = nárazová zkouška (impact test). —Stephen 14:36, 15 June 2008 (UTC)