The following information has failed Wiktionary's verification process.
Failure to be verified may either mean that this information is fabricated, or is merely beyond our resources to confirm. We have archived here the disputed information, the verification discussion, and any documentation gathered so far, pending further evidence.
Do not re-add this information to the article without also submitting proof that it meets Wiktionary's criteria for inclusion.
- There's a lot of duplication in there and it's hard to read; #4 is the same as #1. No idea about the biological definitions though. Mglovesfun (talk) 08:30, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
- Come on, this is pure propaganda. Look at the anti-gay stuff in "definition" 5. Zap it. Equinox ◑ 08:39, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
- Ya, nothing of value here. The additions are pure rubbish. -- Eiríkr Útlendi │ Tala við mig 17:49, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
- SemperBlotto, since you added sense 1, could you add some cites to verify that one? Just so we know where we stand. And yeah, delete the homophic stuff in senses 2 thru 6. —Angr 17:57, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
- I removed two redundant senses and added the only citations I could find to Citations:orthosexuality. I'm not sure the word has an attested sense. - -sche (discuss) 18:14, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
- I took the liberty of removing senses 2-4 from the entry. I'm all for retaining disputed senses for a time to allow cites to be gathered, but 2-4 are just wordier, polemical reiterations of sense 1. Their presence did a disservice to Wiktionary, and so unlike dubious but inoffensive/neutral definitions, I don't think they warranted being given the benefit of the doubt. If this word has some shade of meaning that's not currently covered by sense 1, then that sense can be reworked, or additional senses can be added to the entry — but I think we should start from scratch, rather than try to salvage (the, IMO, unsalvageable) senses 2-4. -Cloudcuckoolander (formerly Astral) (talk) 03:56, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
- In trying to find cites for this term, one of the first hits I came across on Google was a page on a wiki called Metapedia, which is almost identically worded to the content added to our entry for orthosexuality, and was also created by a user called Orthocommunicator. I had no idea what Metapedia was, so I read the Wikipedia article: "Metapedia is a multilingual white nationalist and white supremacist, far right online encyclopedia."
- Upgrade my vote for senses 2-4 from delete to kill with fire. -Cloudcuckoolander (formerly Astral) (talk) 04:18, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
- I think the three citations gathered by Sche are sufficient to support sense 1, if the definition is expanded/tweaked. See Citations:orthosexuality. -Cloudcuckoolander (formerly Astral) (talk) 05:30, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
- RFV failed: no quotations for senses 2-6 provided; senses deleted in June 2013. The single remaining sense was not sent to RFV. There are 3 quotations at Citations:orthosexuality for some sense. --Dan Polansky (talk) 19:52, 21 August 2013 (UTC)