Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tea room discussion[edit]

Note: the below discussion was moved from the Wiktionary:Tea room.

What is this thing called? Informally, it's a stripper, or so the workers at a blood drive I visited recently told me, but they didn't know what its real name is.—msh210 18:36, 2 February 2009 (UTC)

If it is "a surgical instrument for stripping the periosteum from bone", then it is a "stripper", according to, which has Elsevier Saunder's veterinary dictionary. Many more impressive sounding surgical terms are taken from French, so an answer might be among French translations of stripper. DCDuring TALK 20:11, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
No, it's a device used to clamp together an infusion (IV) tube and/or to roll the tube through the device so that anything in the tube gets pushed down along the tube to the end. (Or something like that, anyway.)—msh210 21:56, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
Someone at Wikipedia's reference Desk has confirmed that it's really called a stripper, not just informally.—msh210 18:06, 3 February 2009 (UTC)