Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: ups
UPS (countable and uncountable, plural UPSes)
- (electronics) Initialism of uninterruptible power supply/source
- Initialism of ultraviolet photoelectron spectroscopy.
- (biochemistry) Initialism of ubiquitin-proteasome system.
(initialism) uninterruptible power supply
UPS (third-person singular simple present UPSes, present participle UPSing, simple past and past participle UPSed)
- (electronics, nonstandard) To connect a device to an uninterruptible power supply
- If you don't want to lose all your data when the power goes out, you should UPS your computer.
- Initialism of United Parcel Service.