You can catch me best at Consumerium
Here be gateway to 5,264,240 words in 932 dictionaries indexed - if you need it
Really current raving now that we have a multitude of wiki
What I propose that someone of you who has bots to command should consider implementing the following
- Let's look up what every language name is in every language
- Look up what's ===Translations=== or similar expression that the bot can spot the translations area in each language
- map the language names and language codes
- parametrise a bot to crawl the wiktionaries linking en:Word Translations to *Finnish: sana and *Swedish: ord and so forth and vice versa from other languages to English
So by locating "*Language" or *Language in section titled Translations the bot would determine to look for the word "sana" in http://fi.wiktionary.org and upon success (the target exists) links to it and hides the namespace.
Could someone with knowledge on wikibots assess the feasibility of such a scheme? Once a full round is done on all wiktionaries the bot should focus looking at new entries and linking them as they appear.
I see no harm in this kind of automation, it would actually help weed out stupid jokes and give more precision on nyances as the thesauri could be surfed translanguage.
- Appendice:Types of companies needs a lot of work.
- Consumerium translation lists
- m:Pedianary <- A scheme to accelerate Wiktionary development by utilizing Wikipedia surfing
Wheew. There's just so much to do in developing Wiktionary.
- Consumerium translation lists - highest priority
- Food - Food I like
- Wiktionary:Types of companies
- What ever I run into that I can translate without doubt or risk of error
I'll do mostly English-Finnish-English, maybe some other stuff too.
I believe that by the year 2023, Wiktionary will be the dictionary of the planet.