Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contribution so far. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- How to edit a page is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
- Entry layout explained (ELE) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard, the easiest way to do this is to copy exactly an existing page for a similar word.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words Wiktionary is interested in including. There is also a list of things that Wiktionary is not for a higher level overview.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- We have discussion rooms in which you can ask any question about Wiktionary or its entries, a glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
Hello! You do not have to manually make interwiki links between Wiktionaries: there are several bots for interwiki linking. Ultimateria 16:23, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, some very fast bots too! I'd rather you let the bots do it. Mglovesfun (talk) 13:57, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
- Dunno what you mean by "the first interwiki". In Mglovesfun (talk) 14:21, 2 March 2011 (UTC) there are already other interwikis. If you're talking about the Italian Wiktionary, that depends on what bots you have running there, since Interwicket is out of action, probably never to return. Still, a bot adding an interwiki here is no worse than a human editor doing it. Please clarify a bit.
Hello. I see you add 'lad' links to many Wiktionaries. The 'lad' project is still in the Incubator. You might think that it would be useful to link there, but it is poison for interwiki bots (at least pywikibot). The links stop the bots from running because 'lad' project is not known as a Wiktionary yet. It is like a nail on the road waiting for a tyre to roll on it. Until the day Ladino Wiktionary becomes official, the links must be removed. --Octahedron80 (talk) 23:29, 6 July 2016 (UTC)