Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contributions so far. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- How to edit a page is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
- Entry layout explained (ELE) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard, the easiest way to do this is to copy exactly an existing page for a similar word.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words Wiktionary is interested in including. There is also a list of things that Wiktionary is not for a higher level overview.
- If you already have some experience with editing our sister project Wikipedia, then you may find our guide to Wikipedia users useful.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- We have discussion rooms in which you can ask any question about Wiktionary or its entries, a glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
Also, please add a BabelBox to your userpage so we can help you with the languages you'll be working in.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
Also, I've made a correction at the entry for כביש.
I noticed your examples for the templates "l", "t" and "term". You don't need to have separate parameters with the Hebrew vowel marks anymore. The templates are now able to remove them automatically, so you only need one parameter rather than two. I hope that helps. —CodeCat 21:15, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you, this really makes things easier. -- Stf (talk) 21:32, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
Hebrew entry format
- OK, I see. I like the short definitions because they give a first impression of a term, but I unterstand the rationale for not including them. Thanks for your help. -- Stf (talk) 21:11, 7 May 2014 (UTC)