Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contribution so far. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- How to edit a page is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
- Entry layout explained (ELE) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard, the easiest way to do this is to copy exactly an existing page for a similar word.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words Wiktionary is interested in including. There is also a list of things that Wiktionary is not for a higher level overview.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- We have discussion rooms in which you can ask any question about Wiktionary or its entries, a glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
Again, welcome! Mutante 12:49, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
Hey! :) It's nice to see someone contributing some Basque stuff I think. I was wondering do you know of any good online resources? I kinda of want to help get our Basque content off the ground some more, so I was hoping to try and make some templates to show conjugations/
declensions (I notice now via this search that we have noun declension templates, so perhaps you can add those to your entries if it's not that much trouble? :) ), but I'm having a bit of trouble finding something to reference. So yeah, we apparently have nouns covered but what of adjectives and verbs? Do you have anything you could share with me? User: PalkiaX50 talk to meh 14:48, 30 May 2013 (UTC)
- Support! Would you mind adding the Basque translations at parrot and for the various senses of listen? These are "model pages", designed to show newcomers what good formatting looks like, so having translations in as many languages as possible is desirable. --EncycloPetey (talk) 23:30, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
- Hi, @Zuiarra:! It's great to see a fellow Basque Wiktionary editor around. From your page, you seem to have a much much better grasp of Basque than I do, so I was wondering if you could look through some of what I've been working on (synthetic verb tables). You can find them in my Basque Sandbox here. Mila esker Skahmed23 (talk) 01:37, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
- You caught me. :) I am a big fan of MinutePhysics and after watching the last video about "sonoluminescence" I decided to create the entry for the Basque word. It is a interesting topic, isn't it? Greetings! --Zuiarra (talk) 17:37, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, I'll add it. Thank you very much. --Zuiarra (talk) 00:46, 5 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi there, after taking a little holiday to the Basque country, I recently made the Basque pages txotx and kototxa, but I know nothing about Basque, so these entries are probably really wrong. Could you please correct them? Eskerrik asko! --WonderfoolatEaster (talk) 11:41, 18 April 2014 (UTC)