Jump to navigation Jump to search
West Frisian (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to Friesland.
- (in the Netherlands) Of or pertaining to West Friesland.
- A language spoken mostly in the province of Friesland, in the north of the Netherlands; one of the Frisian languages (or language varieties).
- Synonym: Western Frisian
- (in the Netherlands) A Dutch dialect spoken in West Friesland in the province of North Holland, historically influenced by Frisian.
- The lects West Frisian, East Frisian and North Frisian are sometimes considered dialects of a single Frisian language, but more often they are considered a group of three independent languages.
language spoken in Friesland
the Western Frisian dialect of Dutch
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- Wiktionary’s coverage of West Frisian terms
- Appendix:West Frisian Swadesh list for a Swadesh list of basic vocabulary words in West Frisian