Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Trade name developed for the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance (later Wi-Fi Alliance), after hi-fi (“high fidelity”).
- (computing) Any of several standards for short-range wireless data transmission (IEEE 802.11).
- (computing) Wireless networking using one of these standards.
- I'll send the file using Wi-Fi.
- This coffee shop has Wi-Fi for its customers.
computing: wireless data communication standard
- This term may be a trademark.
- Alternative spelling of