Often analyzed as a shortened form of wireless fidelity (similar to how hi-fi is a shortened from high fidelity); this is possibly due to the former slogan of the aforementioned Wi-Fi Alliance, The Standard for Wireless Fidelity.
- (computing) Any of several standards for short-range wireless data transmission (IEEE 802.11).
- (computing) Wireless networking using one of these standards.
- I'll send the file using Wi-Fi.
- This coffee shop has Wi-Fi for its customers.
- (informal) The capability to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- The refrigerator cost 1000 more dollars just because it had Wi-Fi, and I'm thinking "this is ridiculous"!
Wi-Fi m or f (in variation) (usually uncountable, plural Wi-Fis)
- Alternative spelling of