Wiktionary:Requested entries (Hindi)
Have an entry request? Add it to the list. - But please:
- Think twice before adding long lists of words as they may be ignored.
- If possible provide context, usage, field of relevance, etc.
- Check the Wiktionary:Criteria for inclusion if you are unsure if it belongs in the dictionary.
Please remove entries from this list once they have been written (i.e. the link is “live”, shown in blue, and has a section for the correct language)
There are a few things you can do to help:
- Add glosses or brief definitions.
- Add the part of speech, preferably using a standardized template.
- If you know what a word means, consider creating the entry yourself instead of using this request page.
- Please indicate the gender(s) .
- If you see inflected forms (plurals, past tenses, superlatives, etc.) indicate the base form (singular, infinitive, absolute, etc.) of the requested term and the type of inflection used in the request.
- For words which are listed here only in their romanized form, please add the correct form in Devanagari script.
- Don’t delete words just because you don’t know them — it may be that they are used only in certain contexts or are archaic or obsolete.
- Don’t simply replace words with what you believe is the correct form. The form here may be rare or regional. Instead add the standard form and comment that the requested form seems to be an error in your experience.
Family relation names
- तीन ताल (tīn tāl)
- तबला तरंग (tablā taraṅg) - a set of tabla drums, played melodically
- तूर दाल (tūr dāl)
- divisha - Divine wish
- दिविशा (diviśā)?
- बीन (bīn) - a musical instrument
- मयंक (mayaṅk) - mayank
- महफिल (mahphil) - mehfil
- मोरचंग (morcaṅg) - Jew's harp (check spelling)
- मींड (mīṇḍ)
- महौत (mahaut)
- रा (rā)
- सहनशीलता (sahnaśīltā)
- सुस्वाद (susvād) -- delicious
- सूखा बेर (sūkhā ber) (sūkhā ber) -- prune
- सेन (sen) - a Bengali surname
- समायोजित (samāyojit) (samājoyit) adj., adjusted —Strabismus (talk) 03:33, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
- सुर बहार (sur bahār)
- सुरश्री (suraśrī) - has Sanskrit, needs Hindi
- नर्त (nart)
- कुलाबा (kulābā)?
- ganga jamuna -- a drink made from orange and mosambi
- chickoo, chikoo, चिक्कू, chiku, or चीकू
- Ulta chor kotwal ko dante - the pot calling the kettle black?
- भार्गव (bhārgav)
- kya baat hai - very common exclamation uttered by listeners at concerts of Hindustani classical music
- gota - refers to lentils such as masoor dal without skins
- गोटा (goṭā)?
- भण्टा (bhaṇṭā)
- ठग्गी (tuggee)
- फिल्मी (philmī)
- दुगला (duglā)
- ओलम (olam) - alphabet?
- mama (maman in south) (India): Hindi (Malayalam in south) word which means uncle. Sarcastic reference to a policeman.