See also: Abbasi
abbasi (plural abbasis)
- (historical) A silver coin of Persia, introduced by Safavid Shah Abbas in 16th century, worth about twenty cents.
- (historical) A Persian unit of weight, equivalent to approximately 12.8 oz.
- (historical) An Afghan bronze coin from the early 20th century, equivalent to four shahi.
- An unit of measurement for Afghan postage stamps.
Persian unit of weight
- “Abassi” in Noah Webster, An American Dictionary of the English Language, volume I (A–I), 1st edition, New York, N.Y.: Published by S. Converse; printed by Hezekiah Howe, New Haven, 1828, OCLC 999480247.
- Philip Babcock Gove (editor), Webster's Third International Dictionary of the English Language, Unabridged (G. & C. Merriam Co., 1976 , ISBN 0-87779-101-5)