- (rare) Alternative form of [First attested in the mid 18th century.]
1893, Adeline Dutton Train Whitney, Real Folks:
- Why do critics—some of them—make such short, smart work,—such cheerful, confident despatch, nowadays, of a story with religion in it, as if it were an abnormity,—a thing with sentence of death in itself, like a calf born with two heads,—that needs not their trouble, save to name it as it is?
2017, Xinhua News, China says launch of Long March-5 Y2 "unsuccessful":
- Abnormity was detected during the flight of the rocket, which blasted off at 7:23 p.m. Sunday from Wenchang Space Launch Center in southern province of Hainan.
- A monstrosity [First attested in the mid 19th century.]
departure from the ordinary type
- “abnormity” in Lesley Brown, editor-in-chief; William R. Trumble and Angus Stevenson, editors, The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary on Historical Principles, 5th edition, Oxford; New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press, 2002, ISBN 978-0-19-860457-0, page 6.