Jump to navigation Jump to search
acantha (plural acanthas)
- (botany) A prickle.
- (zoology) A spine or prickly fin.
- (anatomy) A spinous process of a vertebra.
- 1980, Renate Zauner, Speaking of Children's Posture Problems and the Injuries They Cause, page 55:
- Individual vertebral bodies (right) as seen from the side and from above. The acantha is the spiney projection on the right of each illustration: in the lower illustration the boney spinal canal is shown between the acantha and the vertebral body.
- 2005, Michael Foeldi, Roman Strossenreuther, Foundations of Manual Lymph Drainage, page 73:
- Rotary strokes or stationary circles in the direction of the flank / Alternate from the acantha of the vertebral column in the direction of the flank (medial to lateral)