- acousticks (obsolete)
- The physical quality of a space for performing music.
- (physics) The science of sounds, teaching their nature, phenomena and laws.
- Acoustics, then, or the science of sound, is a very considerable branch of physics. - Sir John Herschel.
- The science was previously divided by some writers into diacoustics, which explains the properties of sounds coming directly from (sic! Webster) the ear; and catacoustica, which treats of reflected sounds or echoes. This division is now obsolete.
quality of a space for doing music
physics: a science of sounds
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.