Jump to navigation Jump to search
- acousticks (obsolete)
- (physics) The science of sounds, teaching their nature, phenomena and laws.
- The properties of a space that affect how sound carries.
- The acoustics in the opera house gave the whole concert a spooky sound.
- The science was previously divided by some writers into diacoustics, which explains the properties of sounds coming directly from (sic! Webster) the ear; and catacoustics, which treats of reflected sounds or echoes. This division is now obsolete.
the science of sounds, teaching their nature, phenomena and laws
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- plural of