Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A process of putting a person's name and address on an item of mail
- (computing) Any of several methods of locating and accessing information within storage
- (linguistics) A mode, manner, or form of direct one's speech to an audience.
- 2010, R. S. Perinbanayagam, Discursive acts: language, signs, and selves, page 118:
- Just as a social inferior should not adopt a domineering structure of words and addressings, so a social superior must manage to inject just the right degree of condescension into his or her locutions
the process of placing an address on something
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked