Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
advertique (plural advertiques)
- Any antique promotional gift item.
1977, Cecil Munsey, Illustrated Guide to Collectible Bottles, page 267:
- These miscellaneous advertising items, often called advertiques, were generally useful in nature and were saved as a result.
1979, Marguerite Ashworth Brunner, How to sell your collectibles, antiques, and crafts at a profit, page 29:
- Any item with the name of the firm that gave it away on it is an advertique. Souvenir spoons, tin trays, trade cards, […]
- 1988, Stanley C. Hollander, Terence R. Nevett, Ronald A. Fullerton, Historical perspectives in marketing (page 211)
- They hold a historical library of printed and audiovisual materials, research and reference collections of advertisements in various media, display items, slides for presentations, manuscripts materials, and artifacts and advertiques.
1990, William C. Ketchum Jr, The new and revised catalog of American antiques, page 508:
- Another one-of-a-kind advertique, this example is in excellent condition.