From Middle French, from Old French agace (“magpie”), from Old High German agaza, agalstra, agastra, aga (“magpie”), from Proto-Germanic *agatjō (“magpie”), from Proto-Indo-European *aḱ- (“sharp, pointed”). Compare Occitan agaça/gacha, Italian gazza, and possibly Catalan garsa.
agace f (plural agaces)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of