Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A person who secretly disrupts a group's activities from within the group; an instigator, troublemaker.
- 1990, Peter Hopkirk, The Great Game, Folio Society, published 2010, page 50:
- Suspecting that the man was an agent provocateur sent by the Prince, Pottinger told him that regrettably he had neither the knowledge nor the authority to instruct him in this or any other religion.
- 2012 March 25, Nadine El-Enany, The Guardian:
- The criminalisation of protest has been aided by the director of public prosecution's recent guidelines on prosecuting protesters, which fail to account for the role of the police in prompting violence at demonstrations through tactics such as kettling, the use of batons, agents provocateurs and undercover policing.
a person who disrupts a group's activities from within