Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌaɪljʊəɹəˈfəʊbɪ.ə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /aɪˌlʊɹəˈfoʊbi.ə/, /eɪˌlʊɹəˈfoʊbi.ə/
- An irrational fear or hatred of cats or other felines.
- 1920, Carl Can Vechten, The Tiger In The House, page 62–63:
- Whatever the cause there are many recorded instances of persons suffering from ailurophobia exhibiting symptoms of distress in rooms which apparently contained no cats; later cats would be discovered, hidden behind curtains or in closets.
- (uncommon) galeophobia
irrational fear or hatred for cats