Jump to navigation Jump to search
aimlessly (comparative more aimlessly, superlative most aimlessly)
- Without an aim, purpose or direction; in an aimless manner.
- He wandered aimlessly through the crowd.
- 1898, H.G. Wells, The War of the Worlds, London: William Heinemann, page 103:
- Half a dozen deserted boats pitched aimlessly upon the confusion of the waves.
- 2015, Angus Slater, “Prophecy, Pre-destination, and Free-form Gameplay: The Nerevarine Prophecy in Bethesda’s ‘Morrowind’”, in Online: Heidelberg Journal of Religions on the Internet, volume 7, →DOI, page 175:
- The player is free to create their own narrative within a much larger set of possible designed narrative options, or, given the geographic and dialogical openness of Morrowind, to refuse the creation of any narrative but their own and wander aimlessly through the game.
without an aim