Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
to air out (phrasal verb)
- (idiomatic) To expose to air; to leave open or spread out, as to allow odor or moisture to dissipate.
- If you air out your sleeping bag after you use it, it will smell better the next time you get in.
- (by extension) To discuss in the open.
- (American football, slang) To throw passes, especially long and high passes.
to expose to air
to discuss in the open
- In all senses the object may appear before or after the particle. If the object is a pronoun, then it must be before the particle.