- present participle of alternate
alternating (not comparable)
- that alternates
- (mathematics, of a knot) Having a planar diagram whose crossings alternate between "over" and "under" as one travels along the knot.
- (mathematics, of a series) Having terms that alternate between positive and negative.
such that it alternates
- Bulgarian: редуващ се (reduvašt se), променлив (bg) (promenliv)
- Czech: (of current) střídavý m
- Dutch: (please verify) wissel- (nl) , (please verify) afwisselend (nl)
- Finnish: vaihtuva (fi), vaihteleva (fi), vuorottainen, vuorotteleva (fi), vaihto- (fi),, vuoro- (fi)
- French: alternatif (fr), alternant (fr)
- German: (please verify) Wechsel- (de) , (please verify) abwechselnd, (please verify) alternierend (de)