Jump to navigation Jump to search
mapping (countable and uncountable, plural mappings)
- The process of making maps.
- (biology) The process of locating genes on a chromosome.
- (computing) Assigning a PC to a shared drive or printer port on a network.
- (mathematics) A function that maps every element of a given mathematical structure (eg: a set) to a unique element of another structure; a correspondence.
- (object-oriented programming) conversion of data types between incompatible type systems.
- (computing): object-relational mapping
process of making maps
process of locating genes on a chromosome
function that maps every element of a given set to a unique element of another set
object-oriented programming: conversion of data types between incompatible type systems
- present participle of map
mapping m (plural mappings)
- English 2-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- en:Object-oriented programming
- English non-lemma forms
- English verb forms
- Spanish lemmas
- Spanish nouns
- Spanish countable nouns
- Spanish masculine nouns