Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Articles used in charging firearms and ordnance of all kinds; as powder, balls, shot, shells, percussion caps, rockets, etc.
- (obsolete) Military stores, or provisions of all kinds for attack or defense.
- ammunition bread; ammunition shoes
- arguments and information that can be used against the other party in a conflict
- 1938, American Lumberman, page 52:
- ..enthusiastic about the booklet and the advertisements. They say that the booklet gives them ammunition which is proving effective in breaking down resistance against home building which was created by false propaganda.
- 1960, America, Volume 104, America Press, page 697:
- As long as the integration fight is in progress, some Southerners are willing to believe anything if it gives them ammunition in their fight to "retain our traditional way of life." If you have any wise bits of philosophy, please pass them along.
- 2010, Joan Kloth-Zanard, Where Did I Go Wrong? How Did I Miss the Signs? Dealing with Hostile Parenting & Parental Alienation, Lulu.com, →ISBN, page 109:
- The first thing to do is NOT constantly defend and argue with the ex or the children. It gives them ammunition and fuels their engines to come after you. In addition, you are just giving them more to use against you.
- (articles used in charging firearms): ammo
articles used in charging firearms
any stock of missiles
- To supply with ammunition.
|Declension of ammunition|