Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Articles used in charging firearms and ordnance of all kinds; as powder, balls, shot, shells, percussion caps, rockets, etc.
- (obsolete) Military stores, or provisions of all kinds for attack or defense.
- ammunition bread; ammunition shoes
- Any stock of missiles or supplies for a conflict, literal or figurative.
- Her bad behaviour is giving him ammunition for a divorce / ammunition for the next electoral debate.
- (articles used in charging firearms): ammo
articles used in charging firearms
any stock of missiles
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.