Jump to navigation Jump to search
Originated as a meme on the /b/ board of the 4chan community. It was inspired by a grammatical error in a poem that the classmate of a teenager who committed suicide in 2006 wrote and posted to a MySpace memorial page.
- (Internet slang) To commit suicide.
- 2012, Parmy Olson, We Are Anonymous: Inside the Hacker World of LulzSec, Anonymous, and the Global Cyber Insurgency, Little, Brown and Company (2012), →ISBN, unnumbered page:
- It soon became a trend on 4chan to describe someone as “an hero”—before it morphed into the verb form: “I'm going to an hero.”
- 2013, Trevor James Zaple, Disappearance, Lulu (2013), →ISBN, Chapter 1:
- So I’m going to an hero on webcam he continued typing and I’ll post the link to the stream in a second.
- (Internet slang) Suicidee, one who commits suicide.
- 2007 August 10, the_boy_blunder [username], “Fiddildy Fucking Dee, it's enough to make you not want to kill yourself”, in alt.suicide.holiday, Usenet:
- In the clip, Dave Mustaine (our hero of the story, yet not yet "an hero") is shown recording "Through the Darkest Hour" a song about wanting to kill yourself because your bird left you.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:an hero.