Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (of multiple years or of a date range) plural of ; taking place a specified number of years after the assumed birth date of Jesus Christ.
- 1872, “Democratic Clairvoyant” [pseud.], Annis Domini, 1873–74–75, Or the Presidency of Horace Greeley (2011 reprint; Nabu Press; →ISBN, 9781271433827),
- 1884, Frederic Augustus Blaydes [ed.], The visitations of Bedfordshire annis Domini 1566, 1582 and 1634: made by William Harvey, Robert Cooke and George Owen as deputy for Sir Richard St George together with additional pedigrees and an appendix (Publications of the Harleian Society, volume 29),
- 1912, Journal of the American Society for Psychical Research, volume 6,
- Page 672, line 31. For Anno Domini read Annis Domini.
- 1912, The English Reports (W. Green), volume 4 or 124,
- Afterwards there were divers articles exhibited to them against the Lady Purbeck for adultery, and Mrs. Peele, and others; that she in annis Domini 1621, 1622, 1623, or 1624, in some one or all of these was an abettor of this adultery.
- 1916, Bengal: Past & Present (Calcutta Historical Society), volume 13, parts 1–2,
- Extracts of a Journal of a Voyage to the East Indies and return to England, Annis Domini 1817 and 1818, in a Merchant Ship of the H. E. I. C.
- 1932, Maryland Historical Magazine (Maryland Historical Society), volume 27,
- Item that as the said Claibornes particuler Estate was to be exempted from the joint stocke, soe the said Clobery and Murhead takeing other partners unto them did in annis domini 1636, 1637 send in the shipp the Sara and Elizabeth a cargazone […]
- 2001, John Hicks, Welded Design: Theory and Practice,
- As we enter the third millennium annis domini, most of the world’s population continues increasingly to rely on man-made and centralised systems for producing and distributing food and medicines and for converting energy into usable forms.
taking place during specific years A.D.
- (Classical) IPA(key): /ˈan.niːs ˈdo.mi.niː/, [ˈan.niːs ˈdɔ.mɪ.niː]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /ˈan.nis ˈdo.mi.ni/, [ˈan.nis ˈdoː.mi.ni]