Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Jésus-Christ
- (Christianity) Jesus of Nazareth, a first-century Jewish carpenter, held to be a prophet, teacher and the Messiah, or Christ, in Christianity. Held to be a prophet in Islam and the Baháʼí Faith.
- 1681, Church of England, The book of common prayer:
- Almighty God, give us the grace that we may cast away the works of darkness, and put upon us the armour of light, now in the time of this mortal life (in which thy son Jesus Christ came to visit us in great humility;)
Jesus of Nazareth
- An expletive or oath, usually an expression of surprise, shock, etc.
- Some variations of this usage include Jiminy Cricket, jeepers creepers or other variations that begin with the letters J C. These are often considered acceptable substitutions for people who are trying not to swear, but have already started the first consonant sound. See Tom Sawyer, by Samuel L. Clemens (Mark Twain), for more examples.